Wrongful Death Attorneys Serving Norman, OK
Wrongful Death Victims
There is nothing more devastating than the experience of a loved one who has passed away. Even more tragic, the unforeseen passing of a family member or spouse who provided the financial stability of the household. Whether this occurs as a result of a car wreck, workplace, medical negligence, or any other cause, the attorneys at Aldridge Teasdale are here for you during these most difficult times.
No family should have to go through the process of burying a loved one and trying to
figure out how to move on.
figure out how to move on.
If the loss of a loved one occurred as a result of the negligence of another person, the liable individual should be held responsible for all
damages they have inflicted upon the surviving family members. If you and your family have recently endured the loss of a loved one and believe the
recklessness of another party is to blame, it is imperative that you know your rights in order to get the justice you deserve.
Types of Compensation
While no amount of money will ever replace your lost loved one, surviving family members may be eligible to achieve financial security and even closure in knowing that those who are responsible for their loved one’s death have been held accountable in an Oklahoma court of law. If the death of your loved one was due to the negligence of another party, you may be able to collect a settlement for the following expenses and damages through a wrongful death claim:
- Medical bills — In many wrongful death cases, the deceased received a great deal of medical care before passing away.
- Funeral expenses — Funerals costs can be high, and such costs can add a large financial strain on top of the loss of a loved one.
- Loss of income and benefits — If the deceased was the primary earner in a household, surviving family members may be left with little or no income.
- Pain and suffering — Emotional and psychological trauma associated with the wrongful death of the loved one is painful, and in some cases, surviving family members may receive compensation for non-monetary damages related to such suffering.
- Punitive damages — These send a message that this is not acceptable and prevent others from falling victim.
Who Can Receive Compensation?
- Spouses. A remaining spouse may have a case to file for the missing companionship, or loss of consortium, occurring due to the wrongful death. A remaining spouse also typically has a case for any emotional trauma resulting from the loss.
- Children. Children who are minors, but usually not adult children, may be able to receive compensation for the missing relationship with their parent.
- Parents. Parents of a minor can receive compensation for damages such as emotional pain associated with losing their child.
Causes of Wrongful Death
While the causes of a wrongful death vary greatly depending on the situation, some typical explanations include:
- Medical malpractice
- Pharmacy errors
- Animal attacks
- Car, Semi, Motorcycle, Airplane, Boat or Train accidents
- Criminal actions, such as assaults resulting in death
- Exposure to a deadly or dangerous product
- Exposure to toxic and/or harmful environments or substances while on the job
- Negligence of security, leadership, or authorities during supervised activities or procedures
Your family doesn’t deserve to suffer any longer. If you are currently experiencing hardship caused by the wrongful death of a loved one, contact Aldridge Teasdale at (405) 447-HURT to schedule a no-commitment FREE consultation today.
TOP INJURY ATTORNIES
JAKE S. ALDRIDGE
Jake S. Aldridge is a trial attorney who focuses on cases dealing with personal injury and medical malpractice. Mr. Aldridge has devoted his entire career litigating matters involving insurance claims. Having begun his career as a lawyer disputing claims on behalf of State Farm, Jake has been behind the scenes of multi-billion dollar insurance companies and knows what it takes to effectively fight them on your behalf and maximize the value of your case.
DAVID L. TEASDALE
David L. Teasdale is a trial attorney focusing primarily on personal injury cases ranging from Car Wrecks to Dog Bites and Slip and Falls. As a long-standing member of the Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association, lawyers from all over the state and country seek Mr. Teasdale’s knowledge, expertise and experience in how to effectively prosecute these types of injury cases. Mr. Teasdale’s innovative techniques have resulted in millions of dollars of recovery for his clients.